...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 10 PM PDT
WEDNESDAY FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY...
* Affected Area: Fire Weather Zone 696 East Washington Central
Cascades (Zone 696), Fire Weather Zone 697 East Portion of
North Cascades National Park/Lake Chelan National Recreation
Area (Zone 697), Fire Weather Zone 698 East Washington North
Cascades (Zone 698), Fire Weather Zone 699 Okanogan Highlands
and Kettle Mountains (Zone 699), Fire Weather Zone 700 Selkirk
Mountains of Northeast Washington (Zone 700), Fire Weather
Zone 701 Foothills of Northeast Washington (Zone 701), Fire
Weather Zone 702 Colville Reservation (Zone 702), Fire Weather
Zone 704 Methow Valley (Zone 704), Fire Weather Zone 705
Foothills of Central Washington Cascades (Zone 705), Fire
Weather Zone 707 Western Columbia Basin (Zone 707), Fire
Weather Zone 708 Eastern Columbia Basin -Palouse -Spokane
Area (Zone 708) and Fire Weather Zone 709 Lower Palouse -
Snake River (Zone 709).
* Winds: Wednesday: West 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing: West winds peaking Wednesday mid afternoon through early
* Relative Humidities: 10 to 20 percent lowlands and 18 to 28
* Temperatures: Lowland temperatures upper 80s and low 90s.
* Impacts: Poor humidity recovery overnight may cause high
elevation fires to burn actively through the night. Gusty
winds during the day time along with very dry humidity could
cause current fires to spread.
* Additional Information: Thursday and Friday will be dry and
breezy as well. Parts of the Columbia Basin and exposed ridges
of northern Washington may need additional warnings.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.